Saturday 1/4 from 2pm – ?
Come ring in the New Year with the challenge of completing 108 Sun Salutes. We’ll have 8 Yoga Mat teachers leading you through each one until you have successfully completed all 108.
Traditionally this ritual is done at the turning of each season or done for celebration or coming together to support a cause or purpose. We will be completing the 108 in honor of the new year together.
Why 108, you ask…here’s some reasons why that number is important to yogis:
– 108 is the number of “Upanishads” comprising Indian philosophy’s “Vedic texts”.
– 108 is the number of names for Shiva (a really important Hindu god).
– 108 is the number of names for Buddha.
– 108 is the Chinese number representing “man”.
– 108 is the number of beads on a Catholic rosary.
– 108 is the number of beads on a Tibetan “mala” (prayer beads, analogous to a rosary).
– 108 is twice the number 54, which is the number of letters in the Sanskrit alphabet, one set of masculine (shiva) and one set of feminine (shakti).
– 108 is twelve times the number 9, which is the number of vinyasas (movements linked to breath) in a Sun Salutation
– 108 is the number of Sutras in the Yoga Sutras
– 108 connects the sun, moon and earth as the average distance of the sun and moon to earth is 108 times their respective diameters.
Kristin Bonk Fong
We only have 18 spots available so please register online as “unpaid” to save your place. https://clients.mindbodyonline.com/ASP/home.asp?studioid=11719
$15 per person day of the event.
Groupons are not valid for this workshop.